Have you ever read The Five Love Languages book? I have always loved to give gifts, often as an act of service to thank someone for doing something special or to celebrate a big occasion. Even my friend Libby says that I am so talented when it comes to thoughtful tokens of appreciation (and maybe get a little too overzealous when receiving them too) that I should be a professional Gift Giver.
As a special gift to my readers, I’m bringing you a peek into what I consider to be excellent Father’s Day gifts – most are even Carlos approved!
1. James Bond Giftset – Do I even need to explain this? Whether he is more like Clark Griswold or Pierce Brosnan, he will appreciate the entire collection of Bond, James Bond.
2. Beer Brewing Class – For one Father’s Day, we sent my dad off to a beer brewing class – and he was hooked. In fact, he loved it so much, that he gets together with his buddies and brews beer all the time. It’s a fun hobby, and his beer is awesome!
3. J. Hilburn Custom Menswear – When a friend asked if T would be interested in custom designed and cut menswear, I knew he would love it, so I joined the team! (Shameless Plug!) The clothing includes custom suits and shirts, plus a huge collection of ready to wear ties, cufflinks, polos, jeans, etc. at the same price point as Nordstrom’s or Dillard’s, but with the quality of Armani. After taking 15 measurements to ensure a perfect fit, I will work with you and the stylish (or not so fashion savvy) man in your life, to select everything from the collar style to the fabric. No more puffy waists or tight collars!
4. Stufz – You know those As Seen on TV commercials? My parents love them. I went home and my dad whipped up a three cheese stuffed burger with this gadget, and people – it was delicious! Think of the endless possibilities and creativity involved in crafting the perfect burger. This is a winner!
5. Money Soap – I bought my dad and Taylor’s dad this fun soap for Christmas. My dad immediately cut into his and found $1. Taylor’s dad used the soap for nearly a year, and found – $1. I suppose sometimes patience does not pay off, but they both got a kick out of it!
6. Wine Fridge – Because – life! This is the gift that keeps on giving. Every wino needs a place to store their treasured wines, and Wine Enthusiast has an incredible selection. Add that to my wish list as well….
7. Personalized Golf Balls – For the golfer with a sense of humor. We ordered these (exactly as pictured above) for Taylor’s dad, and he loved them. Sure, the guy is a scratch golfer – which made the golf balls that much more hilarious!
What’s the best gift you have given dad? I’m always looking for new inspiration to take my gift game to the next level!